The Growth Survival Guide for Platform Startups
The platform business model has been the recipe behind not only some of the most fast growing and famous companies in the world, but a key player in the disruption of the travel, media, and retail industries, and now the worlds of finance, mobility, logistics, and professional services. By facilitating exchange between two parties, platform businesses enable demand and supply to find each other more easily than ever before and on a global scale, which has resulted in huge changes to the global economy.
Many startups and tech companies use this model, however, meaning such high growth is very hard to kick-start and to sustain. There are a range of challenges that come with a platform business, such as the need to service not one, but at least two types of customers that also depend on each other (supply and demand), and other implications that you've perhaps never thought of but can make or break your expansion, such as certain tax implications.
At this event, we'll hear from Max van de Ven, Partner at Meijburg & Co, and Jochem Pasman, Senior Manager in Platform Advisory at KPMG Digital, who will share their experience on how you and your platform company can navigate these challenges. We'll also hear from Anoeska Narain, Head of Tax at Takeaway, and Laura Schukkink, Country Manager at Honeypot, who will be talking about the challenges their companies have faced whilst scaling up.
Join us to learn about growth survival tips for your platform startup!
• 18:30 - Walk in
• 19:00 - Introduction
• 19:05 - Talk by Jochem Pasman (KPMG Platform Advisory)
• 19:15 – Talk by Laura Schukkink, Honeypot
• 19:30 – Talk by Max van de Ven (KPMG Meijburg) about scaling up and Tax
• 19:40 - Talk by Anoeska Narain, Takeaway
• 19:55 - Panel discussion with audience Q&A
• 20:20 - Drinks & bites courtesy of KPMG
• 21:30 - Close
• Max van de Ven, Partner at Meijburg & Co
• Jochem Pasman, Senior Manager in Platform Advisory at KPMG Digital
• Anoeska Narain, Head of Tax at Takeaway
• Laura Schukking, Country Manager at Honeypot