The art of meditation at work
In the last 10 years, hundreds of studies have been conducted on the impact of meditation. It has not only been shown to decrease anxiety and stress, it can also help you find greater self-understanding, improve your ability to focus, and increase your intuitive powers.
Having a clear mind at work can be challenging. 63 percent of employees in the US stated that stress from their job caused them to regularly engage in unhealthy behaviors. The risk of burning out has been a pervasive issue among many professionals but meditation seems to have had a positive effect to help you weather through the storm.
Join us as we discuss ways you can incorporate meditation into your hectic work life. Tijn Touber, writer, musician (Loïs Lane), and meditation teacher will start with a talk on the art of meditation and its different levels followed by a short guided meditation practice. Wibe van de Vijver will also share how working for Google at its headquarters in Silicon Valley has allowed him to discover mindfulness. Wibe will be joined by Victorine Jansen, one of the teachers from Mindlab for a Q/A after the talk.
- 18:30 - 19:00 – Walk-in
- 19:00 - 19:05 – Meditating while pursuing a stressful career, Wibe van de Vijver, Founder of MindLab
- 19:05 - 19:35 – Art of meditation, Tijn Touber
- 19:35 - 19:45 – Guided meditation practice, Tijn Touber
- 19:45 - 20:00– Q/A with Tijn, Wibe & Victorine
- 20:00 - 20:30 – Networking drinks
- Tijn Touber is a musician, writer, inspirer, and meditation teacher. He founded the popular music group Loïs Lane which became a hit in the eighties in the Netherlands. After this adventure into the rock ’n roll side of life, Tijn dived head first into silence and meditation. He quit touring with his band and studied spirituality for 14 years, traveling to India 17 times for extensive meditation practice. He has taught meditation techniques and life skills to a wide variety of professionals including the Amsterdam Police Force, The Dutch Military, doctors and nurses of the three largest Dutch academic hospitals. He has written six books on the art of enlightenment, some of which became bestsellers.
- Wibe van de Vijver is fascinated by human psychology, enjoys watching penguins, and is a social entrepreneur at heart. He founded Mindlab with the ambition to encourage people to create a habit of daily meditation. When working for Google at its headquarters in Silicon Valley, Wibe discovered the wonders mindfulness has to offer at one of their training programs. With the MindLab 30-day program he wants to bring more clarity and kindness to the world (and himself). Think global, act locally.
- Victorine Jansen started her meditation practice in her early teens. As a highly sensitive person, often she was overwhelmed by the emotions of others. At the same time her mother was diagnosed with cancer, she met a shaman who taught her how to meditate. Her meditation practice was her answer to stay connected with herself, mentally and emotionally, during a difficult time when her mother passed away. After studying Business Psychology and doing research about mindfulness at organizations, she started her own company. Her goal is to bring people closer to themselves through cultivating self-awareness. She helps people awaken what they already know through leadership practices, mindfulness, and yin yoga.