Scaling internationally with Adyen, Resnap, & Nextdoor
International expansion is an important step in the growth of any company. However, once you've gained traction in your domestic market and it's now time to push the boundaries and continue that growth, knowing which direction to grow and how to go about it can be a complicated puzzle to figure out. Which market suits your business model and product best? What are the key differences between markets and how will these impact your success?
At this event, we'll be discussing internationalization and taking a look at some different expansion strategies from people who've had first-hand experience with entering new markets. We'll hear from Willemijn van Lookeren Campagne, Product Manager for the Local Payments Team at Adyen; Thomas Beguin, co-founder of ReSnap; and Tamar van de Paal, Director of New Markets at Nextdoor, who'll each discuss the strategy they used to reach success.
Following the talks, we'll open up for a panel discussion with an audience Q&A and end with drinks and bites in the club. The evening will be moderated by Florent Coudyser, co-founder of weGrow which specializes in helping businesses to prepare for and execute their international expansion strategy.
- 18:30 - 19:00 – Walk-in
- 19:00 - 19:20 – Talk by Willemijn from Adyen
- 19:20 - 19:35 – Talk by Thomas from ReSnap
- 19:35 - 19:50 – Talk by Tamar from Nextdoor
- 19:50 - 20:10 – Panel discussion moderated by Florent from weGrow
- 20:10 - 21:00 – Drinks & bites, courtesy of Adyen
- Willemijn van Lookeren Campagne is Product Manager for the Local Payments Team at Adyen. Willemijn has been responsible for a wide variety of payment methods, enabling shoppers all over the world to make use of their preferred payment method, across mobile, online and instore. Over the last 3 years, Willemijn has worked on adding and expanding to Adyen’s portfolio by scoping new markets and defining the key players. In parallel, the Local payments team helps Adyen’s merchants in defining both growth and expansion strategy based on the preferred payment methods around the world.
- Thomas Beguin is the co-founder of ReSnap, an online photo-book startup using deep learning image selection technology to automatically select the best pictures of a user from the thousands of images spread across different data sources (from mobile to Dropbox) to create a beautiful photo book. ReSnap was founded in the Netherlands in 2013, and now generates 95% of their revenue outside of the Benelux.
- Tamar van de Paal is Director of New Markets at Nextdoor, a social networking service for neighborhoods. Nextdoor began in the US but is now active in multiple countries across Europe including France, the Netherlands, the UK, and most recently Italy, and Spain. Tamar was the first international hire at Nextdoor when it was a fast-growing San Francisco startup, and is now responsible for launching and growing Nextdoor in new countries by building relationships with local communities, NGOs, and governmental organizations.
- Florent Coudyser (moderator) is the co-founder of weGrow, an Amsterdam-based company which specializes in helping businesses to prepare for and execute their international expansion strategy. Having driven commercial strategies in Directorial roles at Relay42, Sociomantic, and Zanox from across France, Belgium, the UK, and the Netherlands, Florent has extensive industry experience in digital technology and travel
Stay in the know about our upcoming events by signing up to our weekly events update. And don’t worry… we don’t like spam either.