International Women's Day: Bridging the diversity gap
Male entrepreneurs tend to raise more money for their startups than female entrepreneurs. In fact, less than 1% of all investment in Dutch startups in the past ten years went to female led teams, and only 5% to mixed teams. Funding aside, the lack of diversity in the founding and leadership teams of startups is a persistent issue. But don’t be discouraged—the future is now.
Join us on March 5th for an evening of actionable insights into bridging the diversity gap in funding and leadership. In honor of International Women’s Day, we’re bringing together some of the most successful entrepreneurs in The Netherlands to share their stories of struggle and success in the startup space. Leading Dutch VCs will also offer their thoughts on the importance of investing in women led startups and diverse teams.
- 18:30 - 19:00 - Doors open
- 19:00 - 19:10 - Opening by Sophie Op den Kamp
- 19:10 - 19:35 - Keynote by Christina Calje
- 19:35 - 20:00 - Diversity: Building high performing teams - Ruth Nahumury-van de Poll in a conversation with Gilles Domartini and Benedicte Guichard
- 20:00 - 20:30 - Closing the funding gap: Investors’ perspective - Simone Brummelhuis in a conversation with Janneke Niessen and Ton van ‘t Noordende
- 20:30 - 20:40 - Closing words by Sophie Op den Kamp
- 20:40 - 22:00 - Networking and drinks
- 22:00 - End
- Janneke Niessen is a serial entrepreneur, angel investor, board member and mentor for startups and co-founder of CapitalT, a VC fund that invests in technology companies using proprietary technology to evaluate entrepreneurial teams.
- Simone Brummelhuis is the founder and fund director of the Borski Fund, a VC fund with a focus on growth capital for female founders and managers. She is also the founder of The Next Women, an organization that gives access to capital, programs, resources, and networks to female entrepreneurs.
- Ton van 't Noordende is the founder of PHX (thephx.co), a global community that connects the dots between the world’s most original thinkers, scientists, creatives and artists, top tier investors, founders, and ultra-high net worth individuals from Europe and the US with a yearly gathering taking place on an island near Amsterdam.
- Christina Calje is CEO & Co-founder of Autheos, a media technology platform applying machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to improve the video strategy of brands and execute a personalized video experience for their online consumers.
- Gilles Domartini is the founder and CEO of Cleeng, a SaaS platform designed for OTT services, focusing on Subscriber Retention Management (SRM™). Prior to that, Gilles spent 5 years at Apple Inc. A graduate of EDHEC Business School, Gilles Domartini established himself as a key player in the European digital economy.
- Benedicte Guichard is Co-founder and Head of Marketing at Cleeng, a SaaS platform designed for OTT services, focusing on Subscriber Retention Management (SRM™). Cleeng's SRM offers insight into the full subscriber journey and improves broadcaster’s identity management, payment, customer care capabilities and churn intelligence.
- Ruth Nahumury-van de Poll is the founder and owner of No Labels Inc, a training company on Inclusion and Diversity. Ruth has facilitated numerous inspirational key notes and developed a wide variety of training programs aimed at building an inclusive work environment within Europe.
- Sophie op den Kamp serves as the Managing Director of TQ (TNW’s co-working label). She’s in charge of overseeing the growth and impact of TQ’s spaces, community, and program.
Read more about the speakers here.
We have limited free tickets available for the TQ Community. Please send @Iva Donova - TNW a message on Slack to join!