Founder Fireside with TicketSwap and MessageBird
At TQ's Founder Fireside, we highlight people that have founded successful, growing companies and invite them to a curated stage, with only startup founders in attendance, where they can share those important details that will help the next generation of founders get to where they are.
For this edition, we'll be talking to Robert Vis, founder of Messagebird, and Hans Ober, founder of TicketSwap. The fireside will be moderated by Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, co-founder and CEO of TNW.
This is a curated event with limited capacity, exclusively reserved for founders. Apply for a spot and we'll let you know if you've made the list!
- 18:15 - Walk-in
- 18:30 - Begin interviews
- 19:15 - Q&A
- 20:00 - Drinks
- 20:30 - Close
- Robert Vis is the founder and CEO of MessageBird. Prior to MessageBird, Robert was the co-founder and CEO of Zaypay.com, a mobile payments platform.
- Hans Ober conceived of TicketSwap during his Master's study in International Management at the University of Amsterdam. Despite his limited experience working in car sales and investment advice, he has always been very entrepreneurial and fascinated by the power of the Internet. After launching the platform with two business partners, TicketSwap started as a side project but quickly swapped roles with his studies, taking on a higher priority. After finishing his Master's degree in 2016, he won the LOEY Talent Award and was nominated for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year in 2017. In 2018, Hans was listed in the Forbes 30 under 30.
- Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, our moderator, is a successful 'serial entrepreneur' and CEO and founder of The Next Web, colloquially known as TNW. Before founding TNW, Boris started his first company in 1997 and sold it in 1999 to Fortunecity. His second company was the first Wi-Fi hotspot operator in The Netherlands which was sold to Royal KPN in 2003. It was soon rebranded to KPN Hotspots and you can still use it today and see the logo he designed on a napkin in 2002.
- MessageBird, the Amsterdam-based cloud communications platform that connects developers and enterprises with customers in virtually every corner of the planet via a suite of APIs. In 2017, MessageBird raised the largest-ever early stage investment by a European software company ($60m led by US-based Accel and UK-based Atomico).
- TicketSwap is a platform where people can buy and sell second-hand tickets. A true fan-to-fan marketplace, here, you can sell your concert, theater, festival, sports and many other kinds of tickets safely and easily, at a fair price. TicketSwap partners with major event organizers, venues and ticketing providers to create the best and safest secondary ticketing platform while protecting the fans from fraud.
- TNW is a future-proof tech media company that focuses on people who take a special interest in technology and helps them get the most out of it by informing them through remarkable stories and insights, and by bringing them together through extraordinary events and workspaces (like TQ).
Want to attend curated events designed to help you grow your tech startup? Apply for membership in February and get your first month free.