Flexport engineering lands in Amsterdam
Flexport's Engineering, Product, and Design teams are expanding to the City of Bikes and they'd love to get to know Amsterdam's tech community! Join them for an evening of networking, TED-style talks, refreshments, and fun. You'll hear from Flexport executives, leaders, and engineers about their mission, expansion to Amsterdam, and a few of the problems their team is tackling.
This is an invite-only event and space is limited, so apply today to secure your spot!
- 18:30 - 19:00 - Arrival and Networking
- 19:00 - 20:15 - TED-style talks
- 20:15 - 21:00 - Networking
- 21:00 - Close
- James Chen is the Chief Technology Office at Flexport, a role he's filled twice before — at Jenzabar and Rakuten. He's a big-picture technologist who thrives helping companies grow. While at Rakuten, James managed an organization of 1,500+ people. Most recently, he was a Director of Technology at Amazon where he led the Global Logistics team. Now at Flexport, James leverages his experience to drive product vision and technology strategy.
- Jan van Casteren is VP Europe of Flexport. Jan is responsible for expanding Flexport’s global reach and building its European presence. Jan was most recently a Project Leader for the Boston Consulting Group. There, he supported clients to solve problems in the fields of logistics, transportation, and energy. He earned his MBA from INSEAD in Singapore, and has an MSc in Information Science from Tilburg University in Holland.
- Mutahhir Hayat is a Staff Software Engineer on Flexport's Amsterdam customs team, and is helping build and scale awesome software for our Europe teams. He has been an engineer for over 15 years, and has built a range of applications varying between desktop and web applications. Before Flexport, Mutahhir was at Amazon Web Services, helping launch and operate services at scale. Mutahhir holds an M.S. in Space Vehicle Design from Beihang University and a B.S. in Computer Science from the National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences.
- Susy Schöneberg is founder and head of Flexport.org, Flexport’s sustainability and social impact initiative that works with nonprofits who need to ship goods to areas of need, companies who have excess goods to donate, and companies looking to cut carbon emissions from their shipping. Before Flexport, Susy spent time as a social worker in Germany, co-founded and led SocialForce (a startup empowering small businesses to create local impact) and worked on corporate strategy as well as launched a think tank at one of the largest companies in Germany (Deutsche Bahn). Susy holds an MBA from the University of California, Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and a B.S. in Economics from the Humboldt University of Berlin.