So we took a good old-fashioned VrijMiBo and then added a dash of crypto swag to it. Supersized it and brought it to you in one of the most vibrant cities of Europe. Amsterdam! Bring your friends, coworkers, partners or any guest you like and have them experience the true Dutch culture, with beer, crypto and bitterballen. This is a free meetup, for curious individuals looking to understand and learn the basics of cryptocurrencies, and for others to inspire and share their experience.
- 18:30 - 19:00 - Registration & walk-in
- 19:00 - 19:10 - Introduction with Kiki Çakir
- 19:15 - 19:45 - Panel discussion moderated by Eléonore Blanc "OGs sharing their crypto journey"
- 19:45 - 20:00 - Know Your Audience (30'' chance to introduce yourself)
- 20:00 - 20:30 - Networking break #Beer2Beer
- 20:30 - TQ bar closes -> get your last drinks!
- 20:45 - AMA & Crypto quizz (including prizes 🥇)
- 22:00 - Aftermeetup-party at Duke of Tokyo
- Ekin Tuna - Chief Executive Officer @Chainslayer
- Max Barendregt - Enterprise Account Executive @BitPay
- Justin Bons - Founder and Chief Investments officer @CyberCapital
- Linda Wang - Head of International Expansion @ShapeShift Moderator
- Eléonore Blanc - Founder @CryptoCanal
Linda Wang is the Head of International Expansion at ShapeShift, an internationally renowned cryptocurrency trading platform. Since 2014, ShapeShift has pioneered a new era of digital finance, earning a place as a respected brand in a booming new industry. Linda is an industry expert and has spoken at conferences around the world on blockchain infrastructure and development, crypto trading, lending, defi and security since she first started building financial technology and products on blockchain protocols in 2014. Linda received her Bachelors in Land Economy from Cambridge, and a Masters in Computer Science from UCL. After university, she began her career in management consulting before going on to build digital identity products on the ethereum blockchain. Before joining ShapeShift, Linda co-founded several businesses including Lendr, a fintech startup, and Lendingblock, a securities lending platform for digital currencies.
Max Barendregt is the enterprise account manager for the EMEA region at BitPay, the world’s oldest and largest provider of blockchain payment services. Having learned about blockchain at university in 2014, Max started a crypto startup called “BitStraat” (Dutch for Bitstreet). With BitStraat, he and his business partner Kasper Keunen brought cryptocurrency payments to the streetscape by placing crypto payment solutions in shops, bars and restaurants all around the world, enabling customers to pay in cryptocurrencies, while the shop owners would receive their revenue in their own local currency. After finishing his BSc Science Business & Innovation and his MSc Entrepreneurship at the VU and UvA in Amsterdam, he joined BitPay on the back of a successful partnership with his previous startup. Currently, Max looks after the larger merchants that BitPay processes cryptocurrency payments for, like Takeaway.com, AirBaltic and Lush. He also is regularly invited as a speaker on various crypto- and fintech related events.